Themed Hosted Parties for Young Children
Children of different ages have different interests, abilities, and needs for play. The Mid-Hudson Children’s Museum understands this and is pleased to offer a menu of themed birthday party options that are appropriate for your child’s age. Our themed parties are hosted by a member of the museum’s staff and each includes a hands-on 30-minute activity to engage and delight your child and party guests.
Each Themed Birthday Party package includes:
- Party invitations
- 30-minute hands-on program led by museum education staff for 10 children ($11 for each additional child up to a maximum of 15 children)
- Private use of the museum’s program room, tables and chairs for 2 hours
- Access to the museum exhibits and free activities until the close of the museum
- Birthday gift for your child
- Each child party guest will receive a “FREE Child Admission Pass” for use on a future visit
- Cake (sheet cake serves 18-20 people)
- Beverage (water or organic juice)
- Color-coordinated paper plates, utensils, cups, and napkins
- Clean-up by museum staff
Optional Food Add-ons
(Provided by Amici’s Restaurant – Prices based on 30 people)
- Pizza – $12/cheese pizza; $14/one topping pizza
- Sandwich wrap tray – $67
- Pasta tray – $47
- Chicken Fingers – $52 lg; $32/sm
- Mozzarella sticks $52 lg; $32/sm
Themed Party Reservation times:
- Saturday – 9:30 am – 11:30 am
- Saturday – 12:00 noon – 2:00 pm
- Saturday – 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm
- Sunday – 12:00 noon – 2:00 pm
- Sunday – 2:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Cost for up to 10 children:
- Member Price: $380
- Non-Member Price: $475
- Additional child fee: $11 up to a maximum of 15
- Maximum party size for themed parties: 30 people, including adults
For Children Turning Two
- All Aboard!
Inspired by the book “Night Train” by Caroline Stutson, young children are led through an art activity using paint and stamping to create trains and tell stories of what they would see as they travel by train through the countryside to the city.
- Dogs, Cats and Animal Tracks
Young children explore their love of animals by creating puppets, folding paper into animal creations, and by matching Tangram shapes.
For Children Turning Three
- The Sneaky Birthday Bug
Inspired by the art and illustrations of Eric Carle, children create a caterpillar and butterfly collage in this hands-on art themed party.
- Feathers and Fur
Children explore animals and movement in three dimensions through sculpture and puppetry.
- Things that Go
Young children become inventors, combining art and science as they construct vehicles powered by rubber bands, gravity, air and other forces.
For Children Turning Four to Six
- “All About Me” Birthday Collage
Young children explore art and learn self-expression as they are introduced to water color and tissue collage.
- Make Your Own Ice Cream
Young children explore the yummy side of science as they create and flavor their own handmade ice cream.
- Imagination Playground Challenge
Teams are guided through construction challenges using our giant Imagination Playground blocks. Who will build a water park? A rocket ship? A castle?
- Music Makers
Using simple materials children explore rhythm and tone as they create their own musical instruments in this wonderfully creative activity.
- Paper Airplanes
Children explore early math and science concepts as they construct and test their paper airplane creations. Flight school has never been so fun!
- Underwater Adventure
We live in a region defined by water and waterways. Through hands-on science crafts, this themed party focuses on what lives under water and how it is they can.
Members receive special discounts on birthday party pricing. Become a member today and save!
Please make your Themed Party reservation at least one month in advance of your preferred birthday party date. For availability and additional information, please call (845) 471-0589 ext. 15 or email: email@example.com
A $65 fee will be applied if a reserved party is rescheduled at any time. If a party must be rescheduled due to inclement weather, rescheduling fee is waived.
If party is cancelled more than one month prior to scheduled party, 100% of the fee will be refunded minus a $65 cancellation fee. There will be no refund for any cancellation made within one month of the scheduled party date.